WP 5. Initial field trial
• Purpose of the stage: to develop and execute an initial field trial (at a school) of the first prototype of the adaptive player-centric serious video game implemented at stage 4, at the area of entrepreneurship education. The decision about the exact area of entrepreneurship – business, technological or social - is to be taken by the Supervisory Board of the host organization thanks to its great experience in deployments and applying video games in many areas in both public and private sectors.
• Characteristics of the research work: the researcher has to define, together with the scientist in charge from the host organization, the objectives of the field trial, its target user groups and, as well, quantitative and qualitative criteria for its execution. Next, they have to agree on a field trial execution plan and place where it will be realized. The field trial itself is supposed to be implemented by the research fellow helped by Brainstorm R&D.
• Main objectives of the stage: to define in details the field trial and to perform it successfully in a manner allowing the collection of primary results needed to evaluate the effectiveness of adaptation methods.
Work package result: D6 Demonstration of the initial field trial
WP 8. Final field trial
• Purpose of the stage: taking in considerations results from validation of the initial prototype and intermediate analysis, to implement a final prototype of adaptive player-centric serious video game, with an enhanced version of the adaptivity framework.
• Characteristics of the research work: the fellow will should define enhancements of both the adaptivity framework and the game based on it and, next, will do the whole implementation of a second, final prototype of the video game.
• Main objectives of the stage: to implement practically the final prototype of the adaptive player-centric serious video game for fostering entrepreneurship.
Work package result: D9 Demonstration of the initial field trial